When we traveled to Hong Kong this year, we finally went to Hong Kong Disneyland, which we’ve been dying to visit for so long. I’ve heard many positive things about Disneyland, but I still had quite low expectations since this is a place mostly for kids – I thought.
It was much better than I had expected and there were several fun rides and shows for both kids and adults. I was like I became a kid again seeing all the Disney magic from my favorite movies.
We went to Hong Kong Disneyland for a day-trip together with KKday, and down below you can read more about our experience in my Hong Kong Disneyland review!
What to expect
A magical park that’s both for children and adults. Meet the characters from your favorite movies and enjoy both themed rides and amazing live musicals.
Ride through the jungle next to Tarzan’s house, see the amazing Lion King musical, eat Mickey Mouse waffles, shop your favorite Disney-themed souvenirs and join the Toy Soldiers from Toy Story while they’re doing their parachute drop.
There’s much fun and magical things to experience at Disneyland Hong Kong, both for the big and small ones.
My thoughts of Hong Kong Disneyland
Alex and I had so much fun going to Disneyland in Hong Kong. We had heard many good things about the park, but we still went there with low expectations since we thought that the park mainly was for kids. Yes, it’s might true that the most Hong Kong Disneyland rides are for children, but if you’re a big Disney fan like me, then you’re also going to love it. And the rides are not only for children, there are actually a couple of rides that make you both scream and laugh at the same time.
It was so much fun, and we will definitely visit more Disneyland parks in the near future!
Top 5 Rides at Hong Kong Disneyland:
Down below you can see some of my favorite Hong Kong Disneyland rides. The most of these rides are for adults and older kids since they can be pretty scary for younger kids. The Jungle River Cruise is suitable for younger kids though!
- Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars
- Mystic Manor
- Hyperspace Mountain
- Iron Man Experience
- Jungle River Cruise
- Experience the magic of your favorite Disney characters coming to life, from Mickey Mouse to Buzz Lightyear
- Explore the seven lands including Tomorrowland, Fantasyland and Mystic Point
- Watch amazing live shows and parades performed throughout the day
- Hop on on thrilling rides, including Disney Parks’ first Marvel-themed ride: Iron Man Experience
- Watch the breathtaking “Disney in the Stars” fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle
- 1 Day Pass: Be first in line with this skip-the-line ticket.
- 2 Day Pass: Enjoy a discounted two-day pass that includes exclusive access to famous attractions
Hong Kong Disneyland Opening Hours:
10:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Hong Kong Disney Land Ticket Price:
You can buy both a day ticket and a 2-day pass at Disneyland in Hong Kong. There’s not a big price difference between the 1 and 2-day tickets, so I recommend going for the 2-day ticket if you have enough time!
Adult tickets are from ages 12-64 and children tickets are from ages 3-11.
1 Day Ticket:
- Price from: 66.55 USD
- Valid Until: Standard 1-Day Passes are valid for one entry until the date on your ticket. You can enter the park anytime you want before that date.
2 – Day Pass
- Price from: 90.60 USD
- Valid Until: 2-Day Passes are valid until the date on your ticket. You can enter the park anytime you want before that date.
Is there a hotel near Disneyland HK?
Yes, there is! The most popular hotel to stay at is the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.A magical resort that’s that offers a great location, beautiful rooms, great service and good food. You’re going to feel like a real Disney princess/prince staying at this Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel!
How to get there
Hong Kong Disneyland is located on Lantau Island, but is only a 30-minute ride away from the following stations:
- Hong Kong International Airport MRT Station (Change at Tsing Yi Station to Sunny Bay Station)
- MTR Kowloon Station (Change at Tsing Yi Station to Sunny Bay Station)
- MTR Hong Kong Station (Change at Tsing Yi Station to Sunny Bay Station)
It’s very easy to get there by metro, and much cheaper than if you would take a taxi. From the Sunny Bay Station, there won’t be a problem for you to find your way to Disneyland Hong Kong since there are signs everywhere.
Summary of my experience of Hong Kong Disneyland
We had a great time at Disneyland in Hong Kong. It was like we became kids again, and we had so much fun. Before going to though that Disneyland was a place for children, so I had quite low expectations – but it was amazing.
They had many fun rides, both for the kids and for the adults.
Hong Kong Disneyland Map
Here’s a map of where Hong Kong Disneyland is located in Hong Kong.
I Hope you enjoyed this Hong Kong Disneyland review! If you have any further questions about this attraction, don’t hesitate to leave a comment with your questions!